The Dhikala Bird Watching Tour is an exciting experience for bird enthusiasts and nature lovers. Dhikala is a popular destination located in the heart of the Corbett National Park in India. The park is known for its diverse range of bird species, making it a paradise for birdwatchers.
Here's some information about the Dhikala Bird Watching Tour:
- Location: Corbett National Park, Uttarakhand, India
- Duration: The duration of the tour can vary depending on your preferences. It can be a day trip or a multi-day tour.
- Bird Species: Corbett National Park is home to over 600 species of birds, including resident and migratory species. Some of the commonly spotted birds include the Great Hornbill, Crested Serpent Eagle, White-rumped Shama, Himalayan Rubythroat, and many more.
- Dhikala Zone: Dhikala is one of the prominent zones in Corbett National Park for birdwatching. It offers a diverse range of habitats, including grasslands, riverine belts, and dense forests, attracting a wide variety of bird species.
- Jeep Safari: To explore Dhikala and its surroundings, you can embark on a jeep safari. It allows you to venture deep into the park and reach areas where bird activity is high. Experienced guides will accompany you, providing insights into the bird species and their behaviors.
- River Ramganga: The Ramganga River flows through Dhikala, providing an additional habitat for various bird species. You can spot birds near the riverbanks or take a boat ride to get a closer look at water birds.
- Wildlife Sightings: While the focus of the tour is birdwatching, Dhikala is also home to a rich diversity of wildlife. During the tour, you may have the chance to spot animals such as elephants, tigers, deer, langurs, and more.
Tips for the Tour:
- Best Time to Visit: The ideal time for birdwatching in Dhikala is during the winter season (November to February) when many migratory bird species visit the region. However, birding can be enjoyed throughout the year.
- Experienced Guide: It is recommended to hire an experienced birding guide or join a guided tour to enhance your birdwatching experience. They have knowledge about the local bird species and can assist you in spotting and identifying them.
- Binoculars and Camera: Carry a good pair of binoculars and a camera with a telephoto lens to observe and capture the bird species in detail.
- Dress Appropriately: Wear comfortable clothing and sturdy footwear suitable for outdoor activities. Additionally, it's advisable to wear clothes with neutral colors to blend in with the natural surroundings.
- Respect Nature: While observing the birds, maintain a safe distance and avoid disturbing them or their habitats. Follow park regulations and practice responsible birdwatching.
Before planning your Dhikala Bird Watching Tour, make sure to check the latest information regarding permits, entry fees, and any other requirements from the Corbett National Park authorities or tour operators. Enjoy your birdwatching adventure in Dhikala!